Thursday, September 27, 2018

Maybe I'm Amazed! Follow ME!

J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R.*



SOURCE: Wikipedia



Sir Paul McCartney wrote 
this in honor of
his beloved Linda...*

Read these lyrics and 
ask yourself the simple question,

What or who is
truly behind
 these sentiments?


Maybe I'm amazed at the way you love me all the time
Maybe I'm afraid of the way I love you
Maybe I'm amazed at the way you pulled me out of time
And hung me on a line
Maybe I'm amazed at the way I really need you

Maybe I'm a man and maybe I'm a lonely man
Who's in the middle of something
That he doesn't really understand

Maybe I'm a man and maybe you're the only woman
Who could ever help me
Baby won't you help me understand Who I am

Maybe I'm a man and maybe I'm a lonely man
Who's in the middle of something
That he doesn't really understand

Maybe I'm a man and maybe you're the only woman
Who could ever help me
Baby won't you help me understand Who I am

Maybe I'm amazed at the way you're with me all the time
Maybe I'm afraid of the way I leave you
Maybe I'm amazed at the way you help me sing my song
Right me when I'm wrong
Maybe I'm amazed at the way I really need you



* From McCartney, released in 1970, written during the Beatles break-up. The Beatles demise as a recording group was quite a shock for him. Paul felt a great sense of loss. Depression followed and he really didn't know what he was going to do.


Now I just finished reading...


SOURCE

It’s fair to say that recently McCartney has been remembering his fondness for drugs. He told The Times that he once took DMT and saw God (“As I said it, sat right here with the guy, I said, ‘Oh, I can see the headline now!’ And they did it. You open it and it goes, I Saw God. I thought of saying to them, ‘That wasn’t what I said.’ I said, I Was Dog, and they got it backwards”).

+       +       +


People who have listened to my reversion story know that on Easter morning April 12, 1998 I had a sunrise encounter with a fisherman at Topsail State Park Beach and who at my departure told me, "my friends call me Dog."  He disappeared after I said "so-long Dog" and walked no more than 30 yards away.  I was left wondering, What  did that mean?  My life has since done an about-face, a 180.



The Hound of Heaven?



I penned these lyrics to Stone Man sometime between 1983-1993.  I needed a collaborator back then; I still do now.  In it I try to relate some deep reflections of my West Point experience through the melody of  I Am the Walrus from the Beatles EP Magical Mystery Tour.  I guess it might have been retitled, I Am the Stone Man.  


Ring of gold, ‘round heart of stone
The weight I’m told is mine to wear (bear?) forever.
See how m'mind is
Out of touch you know
It's twisted straight
Wrought iron.


What a bummer joyride
To a land of Giant Men.
Hypodermic teachers,
Idiotic rumors,
Can't believe I was insane
Enough to love white trou.


          Now I am a Stone Man,
(R)     Black, Gray and Gold Man.
          Who can’t stop the fever,
          Burning inside of me. 


Love the night cause
Dreams release me
From the pain I'm sure
I’ll feel forever.


See how I've lost my chance at growing up
Four years I’ve spent in hiding...in hiding.
In hiding
In hiding
In hiding
In hiding


Prayed a lot to Odin
Just to get some Green Girl rack
Once I was a beanball,
Now I’m standing so tall,
The Plain's a poppy field for us
You gotta know it’s true. 


(R)

Saturday's a jailbreak
Release for your energy.
Disappointing blind dates,
Cinderella bedmates,
Take a calzone back to bed
and somehow you'll pull through.


Staggering down Flirtie
Shameless weekend masquerade.
Hudson breeze a blowing,
Stinging faces glowing,
Northern lights inspire dreams
of cutting loose someday.


(R)

Double-timing nowhere
Counting days, no turning back.
If the Fates are calling,
Ain’t no use in stalling,
Get out now and save
a little peace of mind.
  



Pretty deep, huh?

And as Glass Onion
would reveal
"The Walrus was Paul"





Sincerely yours
in Jesus through Mary,
Mike Rizzio

Imitate Mary
Become like Jesus
Live for the Triune God

Seek the Light of Our Lord Jesus Christ
See you on the High Ground!

* - J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R. stands for:
Jesus, Mary and Joseph;
O Beata Trinitas;
St. Michael, St. Gabriel and St. Raphael

No comments: