Wednesday, January 29, 2020

St. Joan of Arc...Pray for Us

J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R.*

SOURCE: https://www.jeanne-darc.info/biography/banner



Painted on the broadest part of the standard, the part closest to the pole, was the Apocalyptic image of Christ Who was seated on a rainbow, with the wounds in His side, hands and feet exposed. He was shown wearing a light red tunic and a bright red cloak. His right hand held the world (a blue sphere) and His left hand was raised in blessing. Christ was surrounded in an iridescent golden ‘mandorle.’

Even on horse back, the man who held the Large Standard needed a great amount of strength and skill to be able to hold the deployed ensign. The rider who carried the standard was equipped with a special saddle called in French, “selle de bannière” or the “banner saddle.” Often the larger standards were simply planted at the highest part of the ground where it was used as a rallying point.




“I asked my Lord’s messengers what I should do.
And they answered me, saying, Take up the banner
of your Lord. And thereupon I had a banner made.”

“I loved my banner forty times better than my sword.
And when I went against my enemy, I carried my banner
myself, lest I kill any. I have never killed a man.”


In Her Own Words, p. 26




Sincerely yours
in Jesus through Mary,
Mike Rizzio


Imitate Mary
Become like Jesus
Live for the Triune God

Seek the Light of Our Lord Jesus Christ
See you on the High Ground!

* - J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R. stands for:
Jesus, Mary and Joseph;
O Beata Trinitas;
St. Michael, St. Gabriel and St. Raphael

No comments: