Sunday, February 10, 2019

Bearing Witness to the Light LXVIII...Resurrection Rainbow

J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R.*


William Holman Hunt

It is a curiosity that in all the many blogs I have posted
and images I have viewed, this one never
impressed me enough to go deeper.

The reason why is that I never saw the complete work,
only a cropped version that seemed too New Age.

Well today, thanks to the Rainbow Museum site
I saw the three-figure, full version.

FROM WIKIPEDIA:
For Hunt it was the duty of the artist to reveal
the correspondence between sign and fact.

What an interesting life!

Holman, New Mexico is where SOLT got its start.



Sincerely yours
in Jesus through Mary,
Mike Rizzio

Imitate Mary
Become like Jesus
Live for the Triune God

Seek the Light of Our Lord Jesus Christ
See you on the High Ground!

* - J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R. stands for:
Jesus, Mary and Joseph;
O Beata Trinitas;
St. Michael, St. Gabriel and St. Raphael

No comments: