Sunday, June 17, 2018

Triple Nickel...5:55

J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R.*

There's something to it.
The memory of morning formation time
while serving in the US Army.

We called it TRIPLE NICKEL

Psalm 55 (Douay-Rheims 1899)
1 Unto the end, for a people that is removed at a distance from the sanctuary for David, for an inscription of a title (or pillar) when the Philistines held him in Geth. 2 Have mercy on me, O God, for man hath trodden me under foot; all the day long he hath afflicted me fighting against me. 3 My enemies have trodden on me all the day long; for they are many that make war against me. 4 From the height of the day I shall fear: but I will trust in thee.
5 In God I will praise my words, in God I have put my trust: I will not fear what flesh can do against me.

Isaiah 55 (Douay-Rheims 1899)
3 Incline your ear and come to me: hear and your soul shall live, and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, the faithful mercies of David. 4 Behold I have given him for a witness to the people, for a leader and a master to the Gentiles.
5 Behold thou shalt call a nation, which thou knewest not: and the nations that knew not thee shall run to thee, because of the Lord thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel, for he hath glorified thee.



The two Triple Nickel
combinations in
Sacred Scripture
speak volumes.


The US minted a triple (3 cent) nickel
in a rare moment at the end of the Civil War.


Sincerely yours in Jesus through Mary,
Mike Rizzio

Imitate Mary
Become like Jesus
Live for the Triune God

Seek the Light of Our Lord Jesus Christ
See you on the High Ground!

* - J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R. stands for:
Jesus, Mary and Joseph;
O Beata Trinitas;
St. Michael, St. Gabriel and St. Raphael

No comments: