Monday, October 16, 2017

At the apex of Corpus Christi's Rainbow Bridge...

J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R.*

The Harbor Bridge lights are a Philips Color Kinetics LED lighting system. 
Photo: Tumlinson Photography.

SIX O'CLOCK
IN THE MORNING...

 I stood, praying and watching
high atop the aged, giant, 
 rumbling steel rainbow 

IT SHONE ONLY WHITE

  trying to capture the local moment
linked to far away Fatima, Portugal
nearly 5,000 miles to the east.

IT WAS VERY DARK

AND VERY FOGGY

The crescent moon is what captured my attention
and what appeared to be Venus,
the bright morning star.

I walked the loop,
going across and over north
and then under
and across and over south
and then under.

There was one jogger
who came up behind me on each crossing.

I stopped at center span
for astronomical twilight
and for true sunrise.



This triptych is what I captured at sunrise.

THE MOON WAS BLOCKED OUT
BY THE
CENTER VERTICAL BEAM
FOR A FULL 10 MINUTES



I took the center photo first 
and then I leaned left 
to take the left photo
and right to take the right one

IT BROUGHT BACK TO MIND 
THE IMAGE I POSTED
TWO BLOG
ENTRIES
AGO


PERFECT TIMING
IN CHRIST?

   



Sincerely yours in Jesus through Mary,
Mike Rizzio

Imitate Mary
Become like Jesus
Live for the Triune God

Seek the Light of Our Lord Jesus Christ
See you on the High Ground!

* - J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R. stands for:
Jesus, Mary and Joseph;
O Beata Trinitas;
St. Michael, St. Gabriel and St. Raphael

No comments: