Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Jesus Christ, The Bridegroom VIII

J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R.*


Here is a twelve stanza hymn 
from way back when...

O Jesus! Bridegroom of my soul
Whose love found means to make me whole
By dying on the cursed tree,
Who left'st Thy blood my legacy;

To Thy blest table I draw near,
Full of unworthiness and fear;
Impure, sick, naked, poor, and blind,
In mercy cast me not behind.

My great Physician and my Light;
All's clear before Thy holy sight;
Though art the Source of sanctity,
My wedding garment comes from Thee.

O blessed Lord, prepare Thou me,
And heal my great infirmity;
Wash all the stains of sin away,
And let me taste Thy grace to-day.

Dispel the darkness from beneath,
Endow me with a living faith,
Thy grace enrich my poverty,
And mortify all self in me.

Thus feed me with the living bread
Of Thy own flesh that once was dead;
The wine of Thy most precious blood
Refresh my faith, supremest Good.

Root out all tendency to sin;
Implant that heavenly love within
Which honors God and makes the peace
With men to flourish and increase.

What soul and body want, supply;
What's harmful, check and mortify;
Take up Thy residence in me,
Unite me more and more with Thee.

By virtue of this heavenly meal
The law of sin in me repeal;
All my transgressions far remove,
And let me taste Thy Father's love.

Send me relief from all my foes
When earth and hell my hopes oppose.
The present purpose I have made,
O Lord, let never be delayed.

My life and conversation, Lord,
Direct according to Thy Word,
That not one moment of my days
Be spent without a sense of grace;

Till thou are pleased, O Prince of life,
To call me from this world of strife,
To taste with all that love thy name
The glorious Supper of the Lamb.
  

Sincerely yours in Jesus through Mary,
Mike Rizzio

Imitate Mary
Become like Jesus
Live for the Triune God

Seek the Light of Our Lord Jesus Christ
See you on the High Ground!

* - J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R. stands for:
Jesus, Mary and Joseph;
O Beata Trinitas;
St. Michael, St. Gabriel and St. Raphael

No comments: