Saturday, November 22, 2014

1-2-3 Green Light REVISITED

J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R.*

It happened back in the autumn of 1997. I was in the throes of a change of life experience—complete with a broken relationship and a good deal of depression. I knew I needed to “go cold turkey,” to make a clean break with the past after this seven year stint in Maryland, but how? I was weighed down by nineteen years of accumulated belongings that needed me. Back then I wasn’t aware of the “triangle of truisms.” I wasn’t aware that I was being guided by the Holy Spirit.

What would I keep vs. sell vs. give away? 

Providentially, I was gifted with three sayings or proverbs if you will, that made all the difference. The moment I put them together in relation to each other and applied them to my difficult situation, I was moved to pure action and within three hours it was all over. I offer them to anyone who is paralyzed and unable to effect change in their lives due to their worldly possessions. 

REMEMBER: 
1. You can’t take it with you! 
2. It’s just stuff! 
3. Out of sight, out of mind! 

When you think about these three sayings with a Christian appreciation of the Most Holy Trinity, you will begin to understand that all things are possible. This is precisely because no mere thing is worth hanging on to. With this triad as a guide I was able to pare down my earthly belongings to what would comfortably fit in the back of a mini-van. It was a necessary step in my reversion back to the Catholic faith of my youth which occurred in Florida six months later.

Trust me, it works…better yet Trust God.

Sincerely yours in Jesus through Mary,
Mike Rizzio

Imitate Mary
Become like Jesus
Live for the Triune God

Seek the Light of Our Lord Jesus Christ
See you on the High Ground!

* - J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R. stands for:
Jesus, Mary and Joseph;
O Beata Trinitas;
St. Michael, St. Gabriel and St. Raphael

No comments: