Monday, April 28, 2014

Close Encounter...To Be or Not To Be

J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R.*


Four times I had a close encounter, 
with our newest canonized saint. 

In each instance it was not to be.

Laguna Seca, Monterey, CA USA (September 1987)
(I was deployed to fight a fire in Oregon)

Rome, Italy (December 1998)
(My newlywed wife and I were rail weary pilgrims)

Toronto, Canada (July 2002)
(My firstborn son John developed a high fever) 

Guadalajara, Mexico (October 2004)
(John Paul II was too ill to travel there)

Soon after my reversion on April 16, 1998
I was assigned the great privilege
of teaching adult lay formation
based on his 2nd Papal Encyclical
Dives in Misericordia
(Rich in Mercy)

I read it cover to cover and came to see that 
I too was a Prodigal Son who was welcomed back
by Holy Mother Church.

"When this happens, the person who is the object
of mercy does not feel humiliated, but rather
found again and "restored to value."


Without ever once meeting
St. John Paul the Great...
 I know him. 

Sincerely yours in Jesus through Mary,
Mike Rizzio

Imitate Mary
Become like Jesus
Live for the Triune God

Seek the Light of Our Lord Jesus Christ
See you on the High Ground!

* - J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R. stands for:
Jesus, Mary and Joseph;
O Beata Trinitas;
St. Michael, St. Gabriel and St. Raphael

No comments: