Saturday, December 18, 2010

Somewhere Over The Rainbow

J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R.*

Within 10 minutes of arriving at our lodging for this weekend trip to friends in Houston, my wife and I and the three kids received another confirmation.  Think about it, I had just told Jen about an email that I sent out to SOLT laity relative to the rainbow. She told me I was foolish to use the "come out" phrase—she said people would misunderstand.  I replied that they would see and understand that was speaking of God's terms and not fallen mankind's.  In a certain sense, the Rainbow represents the Jesus, "God saves us."

He is the rainbow bridge between heaven and earth.

So, this Holiday Inn Express where yours truly is typing this blog in the wee hours of the morning has only 20 TV cable stations...and no EWTN! 

As I returned to the room last night after rolling the dolly back to the lobby I encounter Dorothy in Kansas on TNT and she breaks into song with Somewhere over the Rainbow.  That has got to be one of the most pure, simple and beautiful scenes ever committed to celluloid.  (Such a tragedy with Judy Garland and the way her life turned out).  Jen smiled at me and said, "I turned to this and knew I had to keep it on for you Mike."  I said "Thanks, darling, I needed that."

God wasn't through.  Within another 10 minutes, the Munchkins were singing the ditty...."come out, come out wherever you are" in the dazzling color of the dreamscape that was Dorothy's Oz.  Less than 24 hours ago, that line was in the title line of that email I sent.


Right now the Holiday Inn sound system
is playing in the lobby "Time won't give me Time." 

Once again perfect timing...a tell-tale sign that God
is about a work and that he is supporting this effort.

Watch Dorothy in YouTube at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhzbzwPNgXA


Oh and I nicknamed Jen, Dotty because
she survived the Manson tornado when she was young


Sincerely yours in Jesus and Mary,
Mike Rizzio

Imitate Mary
Become like Jesus
Live for the Triune God

Seek the Light of Our Lord Jesus Christ
See you on the High Ground!

* - J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R. stands for:
Jesus, Mary and Joseph;
O Beata Trinitas;
St. Michael, St. Gabriel and St. Raphael

No comments: