Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Fresh Bread from the Cast Iron Lodge

J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R.*

The Holy Spirit is really moving today.
As I try to get this second blog out,
key events are happening in real time.

Hopefully I can keep them straight.

First, I am moved to post the loaf of bread that just came into being.

This No-Kneed Bread was a true gift from my sister Susie in Arizona.

She gave us the recipe and bought us
the very expensive 7 qt Lodge Dutch Oven.

Eternal thanks Sue!
A real beautymark production.

Joey sono buoni It's that good.

To Perpetua who I hope views this blog....
our prayers during the 3:00 hour will be for you and your intentions.

It's amazing how bread can be a catalyst to go down memory lane.
Mom's fresh baked bread.

I remember the first brand of pasta we ate at home. 
It came from the Acme (my Mom's grocery store) vs. ShopRite's (and Aunt Rose's) Ronzoni.

La Rosa

I wonder if We Five ever saw these Space Wheels on our plate.  Problably so.
I thought about Mom's eggplant parmasean this morning
as I was looking for cornmeal for the first loaf in the oven.
PROGRESSO was our brand.
"Make it Progresso or make it yourself."
I'll never forget it.
Sincerely yours in Jesus and Mary,
Mike Rizzio

Imitate Mary
Become like Jesus
Live for the Triune God

Seek the Light of Our Lord Jesus Christ
See you on the High Ground!

* - J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R. stands for:

Jesus, Mary and Joseph;
O Beata Trinitas;
St. Michael, St. Gabriel and St. Raphael

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting, You're an overly skilled blogger.
I have joined your rss feed and look ahead to in quest of extra of your fantastic post.

Also, I have shared your site in my social networks

My webpage - stretch marks ()