Thursday, May 17, 2018

ASLT....a new low in language desolation

J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R.*

 




A S L T
/əˈsɔlt/
(assault)

The USA's newest acronym
reveals just how far
we have fallen in the
last 40 years.


ASLT what is it?

Well ASLT is what ASAP
was 63 years ago.
Back then the US military
informed civilian life
and AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
was coined as a two syllable
'A-sap' (saving four syllables).  

Now I hear educated/cultured
individuals, the elderly,
people who would never
dream of saying 'ain't,'
uttering this patently
useless expression.

Heck, they aren't even
using the acronym...

I feel guilty for providing space
and time to ASLT for in a
certain sense just the
knowledge of ASLT
might unintentionally
aid and abet
the enemy.  

I heard myself
and cringed when
I said it two days ago.

Yup, I said...
(drum roll please!)  

AND

STUFF

LIKE

THAT 

Sincerely yours in Jesus through Mary,
Mike Rizzio

Imitate Mary
Become like Jesus
Live for the Triune God

Seek the Light of Our Lord Jesus Christ
See you on the High Ground!

* - J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R. stands for:
Jesus, Mary and Joseph;
O Beata Trinitas;
St. Michael, St. Gabriel and St. Raphael

No comments: