Thursday, January 07, 2016

The Lightness of Being...Frank Wilczek

J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R.*


http://www.lightnessofbeingbook.com/inside.html 

Wikipedia calls Frank Wilczek an agnostic

His extended bio 
http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/physics/laureates/2004/wilczek-bio.html
reveals the following details:

 Space exploration was a new and exciting prospect, nuclear war a frightening one; both were ever-present in newspapers, TV, and movies. At school, we had regular air raid drills. All this made a big impression on me. I got the idea that there was secret knowledge that, when mastered, would allow Mind to control Matter in seemingly magical ways.  

Another thing that shaped my thinking was religious training. I was brought up as a Roman Catholic. I loved the idea that there was a great drama and a grand plan behind existence. Later, under the influence of Bertrand Russell's writings and my increasing awareness of scientific knowledge, I lost faith in conventional religion. A big part of my later quest has been trying to regain some of the sense of purpose and meaning that was lost. I'm still trying. 

To me, the unity of knowledge is a living ideal and goal. I continue, as in my student days, to read voraciously in many subjects, and to think about them. I hope to further expand the horizons of my writing and work in the future.

A goal this 2016 is to reintroduce Frank to the Catholicism that will bring him to a profound understanding of unity, truth, goodness and beauty.



Sincerely yours in Jesus through Mary,
Mike Rizzio

Imitate Mary
Become like Jesus
Live for the Triune God

Seek the Light of Our Lord Jesus Christ
See you on the High Ground!

* - J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R. stands for:
Jesus, Mary and Joseph;
O Beata Trinitas;
St. Michael, St. Gabriel and St. Raphael

No comments: