Sunday, November 22, 2015

Oh How I Marvel...

J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R.*

...at the workings
 of God's Providence 

So there we were, arriving at College Station, TX after dark on Friday night, with me feeling faint after a near four hour drive. We dropped off the boys at the 4H venue and then I had to come through in the clutch—to find accommodations for two nights, our 17th wedding anniversary in an area that I knew next to nothing about, during the height of football season.

I checked out the adjacent hotel
and it was booked solid...
NOT GOOD

I left my wife and daughter with the boys and said I would venture out and return once I found something. While pausing at the STOP sign of the parking lot, praying for some aid from above Jen called and said that the boys could be left now because a 4H leader would supervise them.

I looked behind me and there they were
running to the car, we loaded up and off we went....
But to where???

Within seconds, that little voice told me to turn at the first highway and head north on Texas 6.

I obeyed and while on the frontage road we passed a couple auto dealerships and an extended stay which Jen shook her head to.

Then off a bit further on we saw a BEST WESTERN...

I remembered my son's early childhood and the fact that John Michael would always choose Best Western, because it had EWTN and a cozy bed. As we drove closer I saw that the lot was not full... a good sign.

Gigi and I went in and talked with the night staff and were blessed to find accommodations at a very reasonable rate.

Jose brought up a bed for Gigi and we were set for the night but very hungry.

The restaurant right in front of the hotel was the Kreuz Market (German for cross or crucifix) and we got there just before closing for some wonderful barbecue prime rib that hit the spot.

Before going to sleep I peered out our third floor window and surveyed the horizon—Krogers, a strip mall, a few fast food restaurants, Walgreens and a Shell Station.

I woke at three in the morning, got up and went down to the business center to get ideas for a Saturday of daytripping. I Googled: MassTimes and pulled up a map of this location.

I was floored!



SO WHAT???

Well a closer inspection 
of this location
revealed what was hidden
to us on Friday night.

Ya see, I work at McCoy's 
in Beeville TX.

And the Kreuz Market was blocking
the very large sign to
the next door neighbor
of this Best Western...

McCoy's


We felt right at home here

And this is just the beginning of the story...

Thank you Jesus!



Sincerely yours in Jesus through Mary,
Mike Rizzio

Imitate Mary
Become like Jesus
Live for the Triune God

Seek the Light of Our Lord Jesus Christ
See you on the High Ground!

* - J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R. stands for:
Jesus, Mary and Joseph;
O Beata Trinitas;
St. Michael, St. Gabriel and St. Raphael

No comments: