Sunday, April 15, 2012

Cardinal...faith, hope and love

J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R.*

We were hoping and praying all day for rain to fall in abundance.  All we received were balmy winds. Seems our fledgling garden was to be stressed in more ways than one: aphids, dryness and wind...not good. Hang on little tomatoes! At times I thought of the nest and I wondered if it was safely weathering these southerly gusts.  The three light blue mottled eggs were resting in a nest built in little anacua sapling about four feet above ground level. The vine canopied dead tree that I felled once provided cover; but now this nest was braving it alone.

Well at least I was certain that the cardinal parents were faithful in their vigil.

I returned from Mass and meetings in Robtown/Corpus Christi early in the evening and immediately went to see the status of the cardinal nest.  I was sidetracked by a yard covered with fallen branches. I collected them and tossed'em in our bramble pile. Then I reviewed the work on the River of the Immaculate Conception, the little meandering stream we made to connect the two ponds.  Oh how I wanted to see if, and how well it flowed...Rain where are you? St. Isadore, we need you! Then I remembered the cardinal nest and hurried to see if it was still viable.

Yes...father cardinal flew off as I approached.

The nest was now on a peninsula jutting into the newly dug out dry pond. I checked the area for wasps, saw none then took a peak...

Yes...

I ran to get the camera and returned to take this picture.  I was sure the proud loving parents were watching me as I clicked the shutter for I thought I heard a cardinal call.

We have seen cardinals on our porch this past winter...they loved to eat sunflower seeds.  I wondered if the parents reguritate seed meal to feed their chicks...that is what love is all about.





Jen and the kids were excited to hear and see
this good news when we met at DQ.


Thank you God!


Sincerely yours in Jesus and Mary,
Mike Rizzio

Imitate Mary
Become like Jesus
Live for the Triune God

Seek the Light of Our Lord Jesus Christ
See you on the High Ground!

* - J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R. stands for:
Jesus, Mary and Joseph;
O Beata Trinitas;
St. Michael, St. Gabriel and St. Raphael

No comments: