Wednesday, April 18, 2012

And then there was one...

J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R.*



This morning my suspicions were confirmed.  It seems that the three little northern cardinal chicks were "culled" to two yesterday.  Now there is only one remaining in the nest.  Double sad face. :( :(

I did a little research and found that there is a problem with the cardinal's rapid urbanizatiuon and breeding.  The bright red male seems to tip off the location of the nest and predators are all too willing to follow the flash of red light to an easy meal.

My lamentation: When I trimmed the protective canopy of vine overgrowth prior to finding the nest, I made this reality all the more probable.  Let's hope this last one is still  there when I check the nest later on today.

1 Corinthians 13:13 comes rushing to mind:  "the greatest of these is love."

Sincerely yours in Jesus and Mary,
Mike Rizzio

Imitate Mary
Become like Jesus
Live for the Triune God

Seek the Light of Our Lord Jesus Christ
See you on the High Ground!


* - J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R. stands for:
Jesus, Mary and Joseph;
O Beata Trinitas;
St. Michael, St. Gabriel and St. Raphael

No comments: