Thursday, February 02, 2012

A Code of Conduct?

J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R.*


It may fast be approaching the time
to consider the following:

CODE OF CONDUCT
FOR THE CATHOLIC LAYMAN**

Article I. I am a Catholic layman. I serve in the Church militant to guard my faith, family, country and our Judeo-Christian way of life. I am prepared to give my mortal life in their defense.

Article II. I will never surrender the good will of my informed conscience on any pro-life matter. If in a leadership position, I will never surrender the good will of my comrads while they still have the means to peacefully resist.

Article III. If I am detained I will continue peaceful, non-violent resistance by all means available. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from my captors.

Article IV. If I become imprisoned, I will keep the faith with my fellow prisoners. I will give no information, or take part in any action which might be harmful to my comrades. If I am senior, I will lead. If not, I will obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me and will back them up in every way.

Article V. When questioned, should I become a prisoner, I am bound to state my unwavering belief in Jesus Christ, my name, and my date of birth. I will evade answering further questions to the utmost of my ability. I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to my faith or to the written Constitution of my country.

Article VI. I will never forget that I am a Catholic layman, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles of the Judeo-Christian moral law which made my country free. I hope and trust in Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior as God of these United States of America.

** Based on the Code of Conduct for the U.S. Fighting Man


1. I am an American fighting man. I serve in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense.

2. I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command, I will never surrender my men while they still have the means to resist.

3. If I am captured, I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.

4. If I become a prisoner of war, I will keep faith with my fellow prisoners. I will give no information, or take part in any action which might be harmful to my comrades. If I am senior, I will take command. If not, I will obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me and will back them up in every way.

5. When questioned, should I become a prisoner of war, I am bound to give only name, rank, service number and date of birth. I will evade answering further questions to the utmost of my ability. I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to my country and its allies or harmful to their cause.

6. I will never forget that I am an American fighting man, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.

God bless the Roman Catholic Church
of these United States of America!

Sincerely yours in Jesus and Mary,
Mike Rizzio

Imitate Mary
Become like Jesus
Live for the Triune God

Seek the Light of Our Lord Jesus Christ
See you on the High Ground!

* - J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R. stands for:
Jesus, Mary and Joseph;
O Beata Trinitas;
St. Michael, St. Gabriel and St. Raphael

No comments: