Friday, January 21, 2011

Fr. Benedict Groeschel...Einstein: "Apostle of Mystery"

J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R.*


On a whim, I went to the EWTN online archives and decided to listen once again to the wisdom of Fr. Benedict Groeschel. I received a great blessing in return...

This little segment from the January 9th program EWTN's Sunday Night LIVE with Fr. Benedict Groeschel might be a boost to the effort to get the discussion going relative to the legacy of Einstein and his unfinished work for God.




This is not the first time I have heard the good Father speak about the "Great One." At one point several years ago I would tune in on the internet to track how frequently Fr. Benedict referred to Einstein and "his love of mystery."  It seemed as if he was somewhat fixated on the idea. Things have not changed.

Back in 2004 I wrote Fr. Groeschel a letter describing what I understood to be true concerning E=mc2. He graciously replied, and yet seemed to consider it akin to William of Ockham's (of razor fame) nominalism. I think he may remember the letter (it was just after his near fatal accident in Orlando...and the miracle of his continued life and work).  I still look forward to a time when I might meet him in person. 

EINSTEIN'S LAST OPUS



As a side note:   Fr. Groeschel lived in my home town of Caldwell, NJ.  He went to St. Aloysius School just as I did.  He remembers altar boying at the Mount (The Dominincan High School and Caldwell College)...me too. My recently deceased uncle, Fr. Silvester Livolsi remembers driving Fr. Benedict to certain church functions when he was a young priest and Fr. Benedict was a student.

As another side note about this video clip: The guest for this program Eric Sammons lives and works in Gaithersburg, Maryland. This was my home for five years, about one mile directly south of the parish, St. John Neumann, where Eric has active lay ministry.  Back when he was converted from his Methodist faith (1993) I was living there too.  Unfortunately for me, I drove past this Church on numerous occasions (on my way to Laytonsville Golf Course) and I think I may have stepped in it only once (out of curiosity) during those five years.  So sad...

The map below gives a picture of the proximity and the Providence.
(Double-click it for a close up)

(Base map courtesy of GOOGLE Maps)
All this means nothing if one does not believe in the workings of God's Mysterious Providence.  I do and when I connect the dots, I sense that there is hope for a meeting in the future between all of us who have a little piece of the puzzle, the Puzzle of the Fullness of Truth.   My role is to spread the breadcrumbs in the forest....What's yours?

Fr. Benedict Groeschel offers us these words to ponder:

"Absolutely, positively and explicitly, [Einstein's] own writing shows this beautiful believer in God, with the greatest respect for Christ. I grew up near where Einstein lived. Several local priests talked to Einstein about the Blessed Sacrament. He loved to talk about the Blessed Sacrament. It’s just a theory, but I think it was because the Catholic theology speaks of transubstantiation, and the discovery of nuclear power is also a type of transformation."
http://bluepanjeet.net/2010/04/08/6264/fr-benedict-groeschel-friar-loves-jail/

Now, in one more move toward shameless
self-promotion...for a greater cause :) :


SO YOU WANT TO BE
ANOTHER EINSTEIN?


http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/8283303

Sincerely yours in Jesus and Mary,
Mike Rizzio

Imitate Mary
Become like Jesus
Live for the Triune God

Seek the Light of Our Lord Jesus Christ
See you on the High Ground!

* - J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R. stands for:
Jesus, Mary and Joseph;
O Beata Trinitas;
St. Michael, St. Gabriel and St. Raphael

No comments: