Sunday, January 09, 2011

Doctor's Orders (The Glass, the Book and the Rainstorm)

J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R.*



I just finished reading a Doctoral Dissertation on Missiology.  It was deep and filled with profound insights which I hope to better appreciate as time passes.  Something that immediately hit home was the importance of understanding Glory as the work of the Holy Spirit in this the Third Christian Millennium.  (I awoke this morning and finished the last chapter of the book around 3 am)

Since I was wide awake, I came into the office and plopped down on the computer.  Fresh in mind was the breath of the Spirit, the OT Ru'ah that the author had commented on so eloquently. 

CUT TO THE "REAL" WORLD:  Soon the wind commenced howling and Robstown was the center of one doozy of a thunderstorm.  The Doppler image from NOAA shows it clearly.  There was driving wind that sounded like a locomotive; there was near horizontal rain that pelleted the wall and window; there was hail that pounded the roof and sounded like a thousand hands knocking to gain unwelcomed entry into this building.  I had just put the final green banner on the bottom of the above graphic. I was typing Holy Spirit when the storm hit. WOW...was all that I could think.

This graphic that I worked on yesterday is based on stained glass windows from Our Lady of Atonement Church in San Antonio. (I have to take a drive with my family for the 6 pm Sunday Mass there) My original intent for this graphic was to show the Last Chapter, of the Last Book, of the Good Book played out in light.

Now I sense the message is this:  If we GO GREEN and start with the Holy Spirit as Glory we follow the guiding light that He is providing the world in these last days... A Light that will lead us through the tempest.

Interestingly, that is the way that propelled me back to the Church in 1998.  I was following Him and he led me to Jesus and His Church.

As I marvelled at the providence of the rainstorm, I received another shock.  I was on the webpage
http://www.inhabitatiodei.com/2008/09/30/eucharist-eschatology-and-world-in-the-ecclesiology-of-bulgakov/ because I was in the midst of GOOGLE search for Eucharist 33.  I stumbled upon this page and was reading about the eccleisology of the East.  Sergei Bulgakov was new to me and I was trying to remember the specifics of what I just read in the dissertation concerning his views on the relationship between the Holy Spirit and Wisdom.  As I reached the following passage, I received another confirmation sign.

I will place them side by side to show you what I saw: 

I READ:

"According to Bulgakov, the Holy Grail is not a chalice, which caught the blood and water from Christ’s side, but rather is the world itself into which Christ’s shed blood and water flowed."




 What does it all mean?

God is with us, for sure!
Let it rain!


Sincerely yours in Jesus and Mary,
Mike Rizzio


Imitate Mary
Become like Jesus
Live for the Triune God

Seek the Light of Our Lord Jesus Christ
See you on the High Ground!

P.S. Another gift just came a flowin' in.
Seek the Light...High Ground...hmmm
all because of a the GOOGLE search
for Eucharist 33

http://www.twotlj.org/index.html

* - J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R. stands for:
Jesus, Mary and Joseph;
O Beata Trinitas;

St. Michael, St. Gabriel and St. Raphael

No comments: