Friday, February 22, 2008

Let it Snow!

J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R.*

As sleep departed from my eyes early this morning I rushed to the window of the Hampton Inn room just like I had done as a kid in the 60's. Wiping away the condensation left by the radiator with my left hand frost eraser, I felt my heart jump...there it was falling fluff...and boy is it coming down right now. Today we had planned on taking John Michael (8) and Joseph (7) up to Sussex to stroll through the woods of the Sanctuary of Mary but it appears as if heaven has different plans.

My Uncle Sivvy whom we buried yesterday might have something to do with it. His great nephews may even get an opportunity for some real sleigh riding in the afternoon. That was the way he was in life...always surprising us and providing gifts. Why would it be any different in the afterlife? He'd yank us out of grammer school to go see the Yankees...He'd provide O'Dowds Ice Cream in 5 gallon tubs as if it were a holy mission. He would write us the most incredible letters that inspired us to carry on. His love was constant, even though our errant ways must have broken his heart.

I hope to grow closer to him now than I ever did when he was with us...sometimes you can be too close to a person in one sense and it limits your ability to get really close in another. At least that is the way it is for me.

Living in Corpus Christi TX where snow is so rare, my family received a Christmas Miracle in 2004, 6 inches in a 8 hr period...it was a legendary storm, you can GOOGLE it.

This first snowfall to blanket NYC this winter—especially following the perfect weather of the past 72 hours—will cap this event for my family and serve as "icing on the cake" of a most memorable life that we will cherish for as long we live.

Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!


Yup, Uncle Siv we feel your "presents" this morning,
pure and white, and tailor made.

Sincerely yours in Jesus and Mary,
Mike Rizzio, SOLT

Imitate Mary
Become like Jesus
Live for the Triune God

Seek the Light of Our Lord Jesus Christ
See you on the High Ground!


If you have a few minutes please go to the following sites
and see what I have been compelled to work on since 2004.

http://soltlaity.org/breadoflife.htm

http://soltlaity.org/slideshow.htm

I will attempt to answer any and all inquiries at jmjriz@aol.com.

+++

* - J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R. stands for: Jesus, Mary and Joseph;
O Beata Trinitas; St. Michael, St. Gabriel and St. Raphael

No comments: