Monday, January 14, 2008

New Ark New Jersey, and the Rainbow

J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R.*

On Saturday I traveled up to my old hometown, for a long overdue, extended visit to my uncle, Fr. Sylvester Livolsi. Uncle Sivvy has contracted lung cancer and at 84 years is entering the battle of his life. He is starting chemo at Mountainside Hospital in Montclair as I type this so I ask anyone out there who reads this to keep him in your prayers. It will be a great cross.

As I emerged from the lower level of Newark International Airport this past Saturday, I saw a large gold medallion being worn by a man and it immediately brought to mind the Ark of the Covenant and Mary the New Ark of the Covenant. My mind raced forward and I envisioned a gold ornament that had the OT Ark on one side and Our Lady of the Most Holy Trinity on the other. Well, in the time it took to go up the escalator, I looked to the sky and there was the Sun Dog rainbow in the sky.

At the end of my Sunday trip to my uncle's Sanctuary of Mary Our Lady of the Holy Spirit, in Branchville, N.J. I looked to the western sky and there it was again, the Sun Dog.

I don't believe in mere coincidences.

Sincerely yours in Jesus and Mary,
Mike Rizzio

Imitate Mary
Become like Jesus
Live for the Triune God

Seek the Light of Our Lord Jesus Christ
See you on the High Ground!

+++

* - J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R. stands for: Jesus, Mary and Joseph;
O Beata Trinitas; St. Michael, St. Gabriel and St. Raphael

No comments: