Thursday, December 13, 2007

St. Brigita of Sweden...and an understanding of light!


J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R.*

During her earthly life of 70 years, St. Brigita (a mother of eight) received mystic revelations from Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Through the use of light, the divinity of Christ was emphasized both in the Nativity and the Crucifixion. These revelations transformed Western Art in a very dark and painful 14th Century Europe. She was a woman of great strength and vision who believed in the dignity of every human life. Might she be the one to pray to, to help bring Northern Europe back to its senses and back on its knees. May the TRUE Northern Lights, the TRUE gift of Scandanavia that singer Sissel sings about so well, return in glory...

From St. Brigita's Revelations...
...On God's desire and his heart:

Then the Lord spoke to his bride, saying: "I am your God, the Lord of the angels. I am Lord over life and death. I myself want to dwell in your heart. I love you so very much! The heavens and the earth and everything in them cannot contain me, and yet I want to dwell in your heart, which is nothing but a lump of flesh. Whom could you fear or what could you be lacking when you have within you God almighty in whom every good thing is to be found? There should be three things in a heart that is my dwelling: a bed where we may rest, a seat where we may sit, and a lamp that gives us light. In your heart, then, let there be a bed for quiet rest, where you can rest from the base thoughts and desires of the world. Always keep in mind the joy of eternity! The seat should be your intention of staying with me, even if you sometimes have to go out. It goes against nature to be always standing. The person who is always standing is the one who always has the intention of being in the world and never comes to sit with me. The light or the lamp should be the faith by which you believe that I am able to do all things and am almighty above all things."


...On the Virgin Mary's experience of the Incarnation and Birth of Jesus:

I felt the same fear in my silence and was very anxious not to be silent upon those subjects about which I ought rather to have spoken. While I was thus agitated in my heart and alone with myself, entrusting all my hope to God, at that very moment it came into my head to consider God's great power, how the angels and all creatures serve him, and what his indescribable and unending glory was like. As I was wondering at all this, I saw three wonderful sights. I saw a star, but not the kind that shines from the sky. I saw a light, but not the kind that glows in the world. I sensed a smell, not of herbs or anything like that, but indescribably sweet, which quite filled me up so that I felt like jumping for joy. Right then I heard a voice, but not from a human mouth. I was quite afraid when I heard it and wondered whether it was an illusion. An angel of God then appeared before me in the fairest human shape, although not in the flesh, and he said to me: 'Hail, full of grace!'

On hearing it, I wondered what this could mean or why he gave me such a greeting, since I knew and believed that I was unworthy of any such thing, or of any good thing, but also that it was possible for God to do anything he wanted. The angel said next: 'The offspring to be born in you is holy and will be called the Son of God. It will be done as it pleases God.' I neither thought myself worthy nor did I ask the angel 'Why?' or 'When will it be done?' but I asked: 'How is it to be that I, who do not even know a man, am to become the unworthy Mother of God?' The angel answered me, as I said, that nothing is impossible for God, but 'Whatever he wants to do will be done.' When I heard the words of the angel, I felt the most fervent desire to become the Mother of God, and my soul spoke out of love: 'Here I am, may your will be done in me!' At that word, right then and there, my Son was conceived in my womb to the indescribable thrill of my soul and all my limbs. When I had him in the womb, I bore him without any pain, without any heaviness or weariness in my body. I humbled myself in every way, knowing that the one I bore was the Almighty. When I gave birth to him, I did so without any pain or sin, just as I had conceived him, with such a thrill of soul and body that I felt like I was walking on air out of the thrill of it all.


...On the angels of heaven:

The angelic host was seen to be standing before God. The entire host said: "Praise and honor to you, Lord God, you who are and were without end! We are your servants and we offer you threefold praise and honor. First, because you created us to be happy with you and gave us an indescribable light in which to rejoice forever. Second, because all things have been created and are maintained in your goodness and constancy, and all things stand at your pleasure and abide in your word. Third, because you created humankind and took a human nature for their sake. We rejoice greatly for that reason, and also for your most chaste Mother who was found worthy to bear you whom the heavens cannot hold and contain.


FLASH, News just in...


Revealed: magnetic force which creates the spectacle of the Northern Lights
By Steve Connor, Science Editor
Published: 13 December 2007

Magnetic "ropes" tying the Earth to the Sun have been discovered by Nasa scientists exploring the mysterious energy that powers the spectacular displays of Northern Lights which illuminate the night sky over the Arctic region.

The giant ropes are made from twisted magnetic fields that act as invisible superhighways for solar particles to travel from the Sun to the outer atmosphere where they trigger immense displays of light for up to several hours at a time.

The discovery was made with the help of a fleet of Nasa satellites launched earlier this year which have been monitoring the Northern Lights, or the aurora borealis, from space at the same time as scientists on the ground take measurements from underneath the atmosphere.
David Sibeck, a Nasa project scientist from the Goddard Space Flight Centre in Maryland, said that the Themis satellites may have answered the question of where all the energy comes from that powers the amazing spectacle of the Northern Lights.

"The satellites have found evidence of magnetic ropes connecting the Earth's upper atmosphere directly to the Sun. We believe that solar wind particles flow in along these ropes, providing energy for geomagnetic storms and auroras," Dr Sibeck said.

The magnetic rope is formed from a twisted bundle of magnetic fields organised much like the twisted hemp of a mariner's rope. Although spacecraft have detected these invisible ropes before, it was the five micro satellites of Themis that allowed scientists to visualise their three-dimensional structure.

WOW...tethered to the Sun...a cosmic bridge in magnetic light, almost fiberoptic.




Sincerely yours in Jesus and Mary,
Mike Rizzio, SOLT

Imitate Mary
Become like Jesus
Live for the Triune God

Seek the Light of Our Lord Jesus Christ
See you on the High Ground!


If you have a few minutes please go to the following sites
and see what I have been compelled to work on since 2004.

http://soltlaity.org/breadoflife.htm

http://soltlaity.org/slideshow.htm

I will attempt to answer any and all inquiries at jmjriz@aol.com.

+++

* - J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R. stands for: Jesus, Mary and Joseph;
O Beata Trinitas; St. Michael, St. Gabriel and St. Raphael

No comments: