Sunday, December 02, 2007

"Put on the armor of light" Romans 13


J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R.*

As we enter the Advent season and begin to seek the Light of Bethlehem we must take St. Paul's admonition to heart and "put on the armor of light." This armor is the Holy Eucharist for this Mystery of Light is the spiritual energy that moves us to follow the Star to the cave where the Virgin Mary kneels in prayer.

Fr. John Hardon, SJ teaches us that as a Protection Against Future Sins—Two basic forms of spiritual protection are taught by the Church. Holy Communion protects the recipient from the contagion of sin, like a “spiritual vaccine.” And it protects the soul from the assaults of temptation like a supernatural armor against the attacks of the world and the devil.


St. Thomas Aquinas' thanksgiving after Holy Communion: “I give you thanks, Holy Lord, Father Almighty, Everlasting God, that You have vouchsafed to feed me, a sinner, your unworthy servant for no merits of my own, but only through the goodness of Your great mercy with the Precious Body and Blood of Your Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ. I ask that this Holy Communion may not add to my guilt for punishment, but become a saving intercession for my pardon. May it serve as an armor of faith and a shield of good will. May it drive out my evil inclinations, dispel all wicked desires and fleshly temptations, increase charity, patience, humility, obedience in all my virtues. May it be a firm plot against all my enemies, both seen and unseen; a perfect quieting of all movements to sin both in my flesh and spirit; a strong attachment to You, the only true God; and a happy ending of my life. I beg of You to bring me, a sinner, to the Ineffable Face where we will, with Your Son and the Holy Spirit Who are two Holy Ones, two alike, full satisfaction, everlasting joy…my pleasure and perfect satisfaction. Amen.”


Sincerely yours in Jesus and Mary,
Mike Rizzio, SOLT

Imitate Mary
Become like Jesus
Live for the Triune God

Seek the Light of Our Lord Jesus Christ
See you on the High Ground!


If you have a few minutes please go to the following sites
and see what I have been compelled to work on since 2004.

http://soltlaity.org/breadoflife.htm

http://soltlaity.org/slideshow.htm

I will attempt to answer any and all inquiries at jmjriz@aol.com.


+++


* - J.M.J. + O.B.T. + M.G.R. stands for: Jesus, Mary and Joseph;
O Beata Trinitas; St. Michael, St. Gabriel and St. Raphael

No comments: